(Empire State Plaza))
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are not feeling well, please do not volunteer!!
- Driving involves a long wait in line on the Concourse, likely 3 hours or more
- Free parking is available in “V” Visitor Parking Lot or P-2 if the V lot fills
- All drivers should have identification readily available for State Police.
- Expect there may be a line of vehicles waiting to get into the parking lot
- Go to Concourse level and get into the line for Drivers.
- Please bring containers such as plastic laundry baskets to transport meals.
- Some drivers arrive as early as 5:30am. We recommend between 6:30am and 7:00am
- You should definitely be in line between 8:00am and 9:00am. Those that arrive later will likely deliver to a household with an Albany city zip code.
- Meals will begin to move out at 8:30am.
- Meal packets are arranged by zip code.
- Assistance with directions and printing of maps will be available.
- Expect to deliver to 2-4 locations; each driver will deliver up to a total of 10 dinners.
- All meals should be delivered within 2 hours of departure from Empire State Plaza.
- If you deliver to an apartment building please be sure to give meals directly to tenants NOT to people waiting in the lobby offering to help out.
- Do not leave meals unattended. Recipients have been told they must be home between 9:00am and 1:00pm.
- If recipient is not home, please find another person in need of the meal. Do not return the meal to the Plaza.
WHY THE WAIT??
- To keep meals safe we do not start the assembly line for packing until about 7:30
- The food must remain cold until just before we are ready to hand off to the drivers.
- We do not have the ability and the space to pack in advance and store the food in the takeout containers
THANK YOU FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE
Instructions for Equinox Thanksgiving Dinner Volunteers - Menu